To create a community based eco-village modelled on villages as they were 100-150 years ago:
- People work where they live.
- People create their jobs at home.
- Three/four generations live closely together. (a care-village within the village)
- The commitment to and care for each other is "from Cradle-to-Grave".
- The emphasis is also on restoring the Human Values and re-connect with their own inner guidance / higher self / God.
- Walk our Talk with Compassion for Self and Others
- Children learn to take responsibility and make things for themselves.
- There is a co-operative nature/forest school based on home-schooling.
- A buddy-system is functioning so that no-one is left out.
- People grow their vegetables, fruit, fish and meat locally.
- People live "preventative" and make use of the "alternative" healing systems with locally-grown medicinal herbs.
- Technical skills will be taught from an early age on regardless of gender.
- Scottish culture and Celtic language play an important part.
- Music making - dance - arts - drama - sports are part of daily life.
- People use their building materials from what is quarried and grown locally.
- During the build as much as possible material is recycled/re-used/reclaimed.
- All organic waste is composted.
- All buildings meet high ecological standards;
- We aim to be central in ecological Pilot schemes.
- The village generates its own energy through solar/wind/water/biomass.
- We can educate by organising training courses and Seminars
- We aim to become a vocational training site on all of the above, a "University of Life"
Culdees is situated on a 140-acre south facing farm which overlooks Loch Tay.
We are a registered charity but have so far not attracted a skilled fundraiser. So far our only source of income is the Bunkhouse and B&B and Maryse’s donations from her life savings. We therefore need to focus on other forms of income-generating activities such as a market garden; tree- end plant nursery; organic farm shop and restaurant.
We use Permaculture principles. See our websites for more details about the current and planned activities for this coming period: www.culdeesbunkhouse.co.uk for the "Cornerstones" and www.culdees-ecovillage.co.uk for the Culdee Manifesto.
We need people who can relate to the Cornerstones and Manifesto and have Pioneering qualities and be able to generate an income which will be shared in the starting-up phase.
This group is not yet living together on site so some information may be aspirational rather than actual