We are looking for around 30 households in the Falmouth/Penryn area, singles, young couples, families, high flyers and retirees, the more diverse the better in our minds!
Are you a person/family/household, who:
is looking to find security and a place you can call your own without having to play the game of ‘the property ladder’?
is already a homeowner, but sees that the solution to long term sustainable communities requires a shift in culture to how we provide housing and are looking to invest their equity in an innovative solution for future generations?
Our core aims
– Integrated into Falmouth, not an alternative community.
– MHOS model of ownership.
– Close enough to walk and cycle to local amenities.
– Ecologically responsible method of construction and energy positive.
– Shared facilities- including laundry/workshop/garden and allotment/play.
– Priority on car sharing/electric vehicles.
– Economic incentive – a collective business: Community café? Maybe a repair shop? Or even holiday destination?
– People outside of Falmouth are welcome to join the group, but it will not be on a first come first served basis, instead prioritized for local people already committed to the prosperity of Falmouth/Penryn.
Each household will be required to contribute some working capital or sweat equity at risk to secure their place as a member. This investment will enable the group to hire professional services to create a strong legal framework and enable future investment to secure land and construction costs.
We have only just begun the adventure. To start with the group is holding monthly get together’s to begin refining the vision and set up the legal foundation of the MHOS. There is plenty to organize before the homes are built, it could be as long as 2 -5 years. The most important thing to remember is that is about building the community, even before we build. Hopefully after the process, which we like to think of as a dance rather than a journey, should give everyone a chance to know for certain that Ambos is for them.
The group will periodically offer invites to the town until we have full membership.