The Lunesdale Community is a new ecumenical Christian community, currently welcoming new members. We intend to be a diverse, international community of families, individuals and couples, sharing life together through prayer, meals, work and study.
We moved into a large house in October 2015 in the village of Halton, near Lancaster, in the Lune Valley. This is becoming our Ecumenical Centre for Contemplation and Study.
The components of our commitment to sharing life together include:
– Daily pattern of community prayer (morning and evening), in the style of Taizé, centred around silence and reflection
– Individual commitment to on-going study and learning, and sharing of its fruits
– Sharing of practical work within the community to enable our life together
– Being present with each other through shared meals and activities
– Playing an active role in the local area; finding ways in which we can contribute to be a positive and supportive presence as a community
We are currently open to new members, through a process of mutual discernment. If you would be interested in being a part of this project, do please contact us. It is possible at this stage to commit to spending a few weeks living in community, with or without a view to staying with us for a longer time.